From Food Editor Sara Moulton
- 15 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened),
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- apple wedges
- Rice Krispies Treats
- banana pieces
1. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a saucepan of
simmering water melt chocolate, stirring until smooth, and stir in
butter until it is incorporated.
2. In heavy saucepan heat cream over moderate heat until hot but do
not boil. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add cream to
chocolate by 1/2 cupfuls, stirring until cream is incorporated
before adding next 1/2 cupful.
3. Serve fondue in a fondue pot over a very low flame, with
Makes about 3 1/2 cups chocolate fondue, serving 6 to 8.